Sunday, December 20, 2015

All Broke Down by Cora Carmack



So previously I reviewed the first book in the Rusk University series and I really loved All Lined Up and it's characters. That being said that book sort of painted the male protagonist in this story in a bad light. He sounded like a douche bag. So me being me, that of course just made me curious. I'm a glutton for punishment. The bad boys are usually the ones that call to me. I'm THAT girl.

Silas is a frat boy with seemingly little regard for other people and their feelings. Or at least that's how he comes across. Have you ever seen Shrek? The first movie? Well, there is a chapter where Shrek is talking to Donkey about how ogres are like onions because they both have layers. Silas is like an onion too. All Broke Down shows us that under it all Silas has feelings. The man has layers.



Dylan is a new character that we did not meet in the last book but she takes it upon herself to peel back some of Silas' layers and take a little looksie. Dylan is a very...politically correct human being. Very big into protesting and doing things for the cause! Nothing wrong with that. I actually really liked her character. Silas and Dylan meet in a jail cell, hit it off, and I guess things just morphed from there.

The problem occurs when the two characters can't put aside the fact that they grew up differently and had totally different childhoods. The whole "being from two different worlds" thing comes into play. But you will just have to read it for yourself! I really recommend this series I am throughly enjoying it and can't wait to read more.

4.5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment